Monday, July 14, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments #6) by Cassandra Clare: Book Review

City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6)City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ah, the final part of this wonderful series of angels, demons, faeries, werewolves and vampires! I have to say, that this is one of my favorite series to read and this last story did not disappoint, as I have been anticipating to know what happens to everyone for the past couple years, with The Infernal Devices being a short tease too.



Everything came together in the end and I was happy to see a somewhat ending for Tessa and Jem (Brother Zachariah). I wish there was more explaining about them and their bloodlines but, I feel like maybe it will be explained in a future series based off The Mortal Instruments? One can only hope, but there will be another series coming out next year! (The Dark Artifices series).


Back to the actual book, the build up of events was intense and at times, there was so much going on, I couldn't keep up that well and I was a little confused/lost at moments. Since its been awhile since I read the previous book, I had to Wikipedia some characters again since I couldn't keep track of all of them in the beginning. There is so much development of the characters and emotions attached to them that you become really drawn to them and somewhat become involved in their lives. There were a lot of different twists (some predictable, some not) that kept the book interesting and made me want to continue to read. There won't be any spoilers in this review but if you have been a fan of this series, don't skip out on this book--everything you could possibly want to happen, happens, but the path to that ending is what makes it exciting!

Love Cassandra Clare and her work and love the world of Nephilim she created!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment