Wednesday, November 12, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, The Heroes of Olypmus #1

The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Per usual, I love the work of Rick Riordan and how he is able to mold mythology with the present. I haven't read the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series before and skipped to this one. It isn't too vital to read that series first, but it would help so you understand some of the characters being mentioned.

In this book, we get to meet Jason, another demigod, but from a different camp. We get to understand the purpose of his memory loss and the quest he is to go on with two other demigods he meets during this time.


There's a purpose for everything and we get to see the work of Hera/Juno and the prophecy of the seven unfolding.

If you're a fan of Riordan's previous works you should definitely check this book/series out. Especially if you have read all about Percy Jackson! Being some who hadn't read that series, but loved The Kane Chronicles, I knew I would be in for a good story diving into this one. If the world of gods and goddesses, magic powers, and history is your cup of tea, then go grab a copy and read now!

P.s. This is not just for teens, I feel like anyone that is into science fiction and ancient mythology can really get into it.
I may not be the best judge of different books and writing style, but I know if I like a book based off of how into the book I get and how fast I get through it. I got lost in this world and though I may not have loved everything about the characters and storyline, the overall fast-paced feel of the book really captured me and made me want to continue the series!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment